Met Gala’s camp theme left a lot of us confused as to what it actually meant. However, I believe these celebrities brought the camp theme to life for us all. This year’s theme paid homage to Susan Sontag’s 1964 essay, Notes on “Camp.” The Met Gala theme, Camp: Notes on Fashion, allowed party goers to interpret the meaning through their looks with exaggerated pieces that were playful, artful, and even theatrical. It was a chance for the risk takers in Hollywood to shine! This theme gave stylists and stars alike the chance to interpret their own meaning of Camp. Let’s take a look at some stars who embodied the camp theme and certainly made a huge statement on the red carpet.
1. Janelle Monae in Christian Siriano
2. Lupita Nyong’ o in Versace
3. Bella Hadid in Moschino
4. Winnie Harlow in Tommy Hilfiger
5. Florence Welch in Gucci
6. Cardi B in Thom Browne
7. Lady Gaga in Brandon Maxwell
8. Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas in Dior
9. Billy Porter in The Blondes
10. Anna Wintour in Chanel by Karl Lagerfeld
11. Madelaine Petsch in Jean Paul Gaultier
12. Céline Dion in Oscar De La Renta
Talk about extravagant! Who were your favorites at the Met Gala? Sound off in the comments!!